Sunday, December 14, 2008

Trees, Lights and Grizzlies...OH MY!

We have been having a lot of fun getting ready for Christmas. It's always been important to me that we do a lot of "family things" in preparation for the holidays. I want my kids to have sweet memories to look back on and remember the good times we've had. I want them to remember the feeling. Anyway...

The beginning of December, we went to the Festival of Trees. I haven't been there since I was a little girl, so I was really excited. We walked through all the beautiful trees and I said to Taylor, "How much do you wanna bet there is a Twilight tree here?" She agreed that there probably WAS one somewhere, and wouldn't you know it, around the next corner...there it was! In fact, there ended up being THREE Twilight trees. I thought it was kinda funny, but awesome! GO EDWARD!

Our Christmas fesivities continued when we attended Cameron & Taylor's School Choir performance. They had a cute, yet typical Elementary School program. They both love being in the choir and I'm so glad they do! It's great when kids can find something they enjoy doing, especially when it coincides with school! The really fun part however, was the school choir got to sing at a GRIZZLIES game! The Grizzlies are Utah's hockey team, and the kids were thrilled that they not only got to sing for everyone, but attend a hockey game...for free!!



We invited Grandpa & Grandma to attend the game with us, and in all honesty we all had a blast! Now, I don't really know ANYTHING about hockey, but I know when the puck has gotten where it needs to go! I'm not dumb, so I knew when to cheer! We all had a great time, especially since Grandma is SUCH an AWESOME Grandma and packed us all a picnic dinner to eat on the road.

And then tonight, we braved the cold and went to see the lights at Temple Square. Granty's sister Shona and her husband Geoff were here visiting for Christmas, so of COURSE they wanted to see the lights! Granty and Tim were party poopers and stayed home, but the rest of us enjoyed the snow, the cold, the lights and the spirit of Christmas. I haven't done that since I was little too, so a lot of memories have come flooding back, stirring up that little girl in me and my love for this time of year!

Presents truly DON'T matter. I don't know why I got so upset about not being able to get gifts this year, because truly, the last few weeks have been so great! We've been spending time together as a family, reading Christmas books, talking about the birth of the Savior, drinking hot chocolate, watching Christmas movies...THIS is what it's all about. THIS is the reason for the season. I love my family, the memories we have made, and the memories to come. It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

1 comment:

The Brugger Bunch said...

Kerri your family is so beautiful and so perfect! We miss you all so much!!!! I cannot get over how much your little ones have grown! Tim is soooooooo big now! What a handsome little Mr. I am glad to see how happy and how well you all are! We sure miss you guys!