Sunday, December 14, 2008

Ohhh, tHe NauGhtiNesS of NeiGhborS!


This post is a little bit AFTER the fact, but I had to add it regardless. Anyway...

Everyone who resides in Utah is aware of the amazingly HUGE rivalry between BYU and the U of U. It's crazy how fans get! I suppose I just don't understand it. I mean come ON! It's just a stupid football game...isn't it??

The day of the "big game" Taylor came into my bedroom and asked me why there was red stuff in our trees and on the lawn? Since it was still early on Saturday morning and I wasn't even coherent, I didn't pay much attention. A bit later, Kaleb came in asking the same thing, and I again, being the wonderful mother I am, didn't really listen. Finally, when Cameron came in babbling about red stuff outside, I got out of bed and growled, "What the crap are you guys talking about?"

We went outside and the front of our door had a U of U banner on it, our trees were covered in red streamers, and there was a U in my front lawn made with plastc forks and knives. I knew IMMEDIATELY who had done this dirty deed and started plotting my revenge. Well, not really.

Our funny neighbors, the Johnsons, are BIG U of U fans and we always tease each other about who will win. Granty of course is a big BYU fan, so as soon as he got home from work that afternoon, the streamers, the banner and the cutlery were quickly cleaned up!

Truth be told, I don't really care who won the game. I'm just glad we have cool neighbors that we can have good times with. GO BYU!! Hee hee...