Friday, December 12, 2008

Me...just the way I am!


You know, I've been a big, fat, fattie my entire life. Since I was small, all I remember is being concerned with my weight. I've been on diet after diet, exercise programs, deprived of things I really wanted to eat and I've been miserable the whole time.

Yes, I do have moments of absolute joy when I discover I've lost a significant amount of weight, but the problem is I get OBSESSED. I weigh myself multiple times a day, refuse to eat almost anything but salad, get crabby and downright mean, and it's AWFUL!

YES, I know being overweight is VERY unhealthy. YES, I know it's unattractive. YES, I know I would feel better (aches & pains-wise) but you know what?? I'M HAPPIER RIGHT NOW than I have ever been in my entire life. Wanna know why??

Because I have finally decided that THIS is who I am. I'm a fattie and it's awesome! Every time a kids asks me "How come you have two chins?" or "How come you're so fat?" I just say, "It's cuz I'm cool!" and the kid laughs. I don't need to look beautiful, or attractive to ANYONE but my sweet husband and he DOES think I'm pretty. And he loves me. I have decided that I like who I am. I like how I look and I don't care what anyone else thinks. Basically, this is me, and if you don't like it, I won't miss you. Know what I mean?

So yes, I'm fat and it's awesome...cuz I'm cool!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you've realized that your weight doesn't define who you are! I think you're great and all that matters is what you think of yourself.

LOVE YA!

Melanie said...

You are awesome! I am glad that I got to know you at GNO..and you better come this month :)

HeaddaMarie said...

Kerri-I LOVE YA & I THINK YOU ARE WAY AWESOME!! You are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! You always crack me up! I wish I could be happy with myself the way I am...maybe one day! For now I will continue looking up to you and admiring you!

Armstrong Family said...

LOL! You ARE cool! I am finally at that point too. Been fat most of my life and it doesn't matter cuz Nate loves me and he picked me looking like this anyway, so any weight loss is a bonus, I guess.

Jen said...

Oh Kerri! That made me smile. We love you so much....you are hilarious. I love every inch of you! Man, I want to hang out with you! Wanna play?

Paul/Heather said...

Just wanted to say hi to the Suttons. I was at church a second ago and missed seeing your boys! :)
( I have ALWAYS crushed on them)

Mer said...

Aww sweetie...you know I love ya just the way you are!

We need to get together between Christmas and New years.

And I STILL haven't seen Twilight....

Call me chickadee!

Howells Family said...

All I have to say is I TOTALLY AGREE!!! and I feel the same way... and we are cool...just the way we are... You're the best and can I just say we are blessed that we married the men we did...

Anonymous said...

Rock on Sista!!! I feel the same way. I am happy with me and my hubby loves me and thinks I am hot.(and he is too!!) So kiss it if you have a problem!