Wednesday, December 3, 2008

A Christmas Tag...


My cousin Heather emailed this to me, and I thought it was kinda cute, so I put it on my blog. If'n you think it's cute too, then add it to yours!! Anyway, here are my answers (in no particular order I might add!)...

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Definitely wrapping paper. I use gift bags occasionally when something is too obvious to just wrap, like a CD.
1A. Ribbons or bows? Bows. There are just too many cute bows and embelishments I like to use. Ribbon is too plain for me.
2. Real tree or Artificial? I love real trees. My parents always had a real tree when I was growing up, but artificial ones are more practical...for me at least.
3. When do you put up the tree? It's our family tradition to put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day
5. Do you like eggnog? BLECH...no!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My dollhouse that my dad built & made the furniture for. My mom painted it and decorated the furniture. My parents keep it at their house now for Taylor to play with.
7. Hardest person to buy for? My dad, hands down!!
8. Easiest person to buy for? Taylor & Baby Eve
9. Do you have a nativity scene? I have a bunch...I collect 'em.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Christmas cards in the mail are the best. I actually mailed mine out this year! It's a miracle!!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A nasty cold!
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Ideally I start in September, but it depends on the money situation!!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Only white elephant Christmas presents.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My mom's apple/sausage stuffing, candy cane dessert, Santa Claus shaped cookies (decorated at my mom's house!) cheeseball & crackers, my Aunt Shelly's pumpkin pie, carmel corn & english toffee. Crap, now I'm hungry!!
16. Lights on the tree? Definitely, but not the blinking kind. I hate those!
17. Favorite Christmas songs? "Oh Holy Night" will always be my favorite Christmas Carol.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home ? I'd love to just stay home in my jammies all day, but we go to my parents, which is just about the same thing. They live only 30 minutes away.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen...is that it? Oh and Rudolph and Olive the other reindeer. How was that?
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? We open all our Christmas presents from New Zealand (since it's already Christmas there) and have a NZ Christmas Eve. The rest wait until morning and when we get to Gma & Gpas.
22. Hardest thing about this time of the year? Money (the lack of it that is) and the rush, rush, rush! There is so much to cram into the month, I feel exhausted by the time Christmas arrives. However, I love it!
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? The theme of my tree is red and gold. We do throw the kids' ornaments on there too, as well as my ornaments from when I was growing up. Oddly enough, a lot of them are red & gold!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Again, my mom's awesome apple/sausage stuffing and yams! We MUST have yams! And honey baked ham...MUCH better than turkey!!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I want my kids to have a lot of memories stored away so they can look back and remember the fun things we did as a family...not the presents.
26. Favorite Christmas Movies? "Elf" and "A Christmas Story"
27. Your favorite Christmas elf or Secret Santa treat to give a neighbor? Just something delicious out of my gourmet kitchen!
28. White or green Christmas? WHITE! I have been lamenting the fact we have no snow! It just feels weird to be listening to Christmas Carols and sipping hot chocolate when it's over 50 degrees outside. Where am I, Arizona?

2 comments:

HeaddaMarie said...

I didn't know you have a cousin named Heather! That is such a cool name!! How are things going? So, Clark doesn't want me working..which means I won't be having you watch Izzy...maybe one day we'll just have to hang out...imagine that!!

HeaddaMarie said...

New Zealand?? Who's from New Zealand?? And the Ham...I TOTALLY agree!! It is WAY better then turkey!! I'm with you on the memories! I don't remember much of what I got growing up but I remember things we did! I am trying to do something fun each day! And ELF!! That is hands down the BEST Christmas Movie..and of course A Christmas Story & National Lampoons are good too..but I could watch Elf EVERYDAY!! Smiling's my favorite!!