Sunday in Relief Society, our instructor, Amy, reminded us that LAST month she had challenged us to make a journal entry about our families. Since I use my blog as a kind of journal, I thought that perhaps I should do that! I really do have a great family and one of my favorite things to do is talk about them.
TIMOTHY was my first child. We got him when he was almost 5 years old, and he has had a special place in my heart ever since. The first time I met him, he grinned at me and said, "Hi! I'm Timmy-Bo-Bimmy!" My heart melted and I fell completely in love with him! He isn't perfect, but he is a sweet boy. He's 14 now and a pretty typical teenager. He gets crabby when things don't go his way, can be a bit snotty about things he doesn't feel are important, and is rather impatient with his younger siblings. However, he has a kind spirit about him and is very aware of me and my feelings. He is the one that tries to look out for me, and I dearly love that about him. I love you so very much my Timothy Applejack!
KALEB had the cutest chubby cheeks when I first met him. He was 5 and a total ham! He has an amazing sense of humor and creativity. There are times I find him drawing and sketching for hours and the results are rather impressive! He has a tender spirit and yearns to do the right thing. Sometimes mistakes are made, but of all my kids, he is the first to feel guilt and the need to repent. He is kind to children younger than him, and for the most part, very cooperative at home. When asked to do something, he always answers, "Yes mom!" and gets started right away. He may not do the job perfectly, but he tries which makes all the difference! I love ya Squonkie!
CAMERON is my challenging child. From the first time I met him, I knew he and I would have our differences. Even at 5 years old, his leadership skills were shinning through. He can be stubborn at times, but in the long run, it will be a blessing. When it comes time to stand his ground and make the unpopular choice, his determination will help him during those hard times. He can be charming and sweet, even on his worst days. He is my boy that wants hugs and kisses and cuddles and more hugs. He is constantly asking me to scratch his back, and with his big green eyes (even though one is broken) how can I resist? Love ya, Blind Kid!
TAYLOR is my little princess. She can be sweet as pie, or an enormous pain in the butt! There really is no gray area for her. She was 3 when I became her mom, and she hasn't left my side since. I've complained that she has such an attachement issue with me, but I've decided why worry? If she wants to be with me, so be it! I'd rather she like being with me than decide she doesn't like me anymore! She has a helpful nature about her and likes to be the "little mother" to everyone. Her brothers don't always appreciate that, but her heart is in the right place. She is talented, giggly, and honestly a delight to be around. She tells me all the time that I'm her best friend. I hope she always feels that way! I love you sweet Taylor Mae!
GRANTY I have talked a lot about on my blog. He is a wonderful husband and father and I love him deeply. He is the reason I am who I am today. Without him, I would be in terrible darkness. He keeps me going, even when it's tough, and I treasure him. Together, we are raising our family to be the kind of people our Heavenly Father wants them to be. I am so grateful for my amazing kids, and my wonderful husband. I can't think of any other people I'd like to spend the rest of eternity with. I love you Sutton Family!
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a sweet tribute to your wonderful family... You guys were great neighbors and we surly miss you... and all of your adventures. Megan still sleeps with the little lion she named Symba (that you gave her when we watched your cats however many years ago that was) everynight... so you will always be apart of our little family via Symba...
Post a Comment