Thursday, December 4, 2008

My daughter, the famous actress to be...

My daughter, the drama queen, is preparing to audition for her elementary school's production of "Seussical". In high school and college, I was in a plethora of productions and I have always hoped I'd have ONE kid with the same interests. Well woot! My Taylor Mae is quite interested in singing and acting!

The school is taking the audition process rather seriously and they have had "musical workshops" after school to help the kids understand how it all works. She has learned some tips about chosing a song to sing and how to present her monologue. The past few nights we've been working on her song and I'm trying REALLY hard not to be a stage mother! It's her thing, and she needs to do it her way, but I can't help but want to make suggestions and such. Fortunately, she has natural "flare" for acting and her voice really is pretty good for a 10 yr old.

After a bit of coaxing, I got her to sing "Fabulous" from HSM2. You should see her sing it. If I can figure out how to video it and post it on my blog I will. She is awesome! She gets all snotty and has major attitude which is why I thought she should sing it. Not only does it show she can stay on key, but that she can ACT with her facial expressions and such. Ida know, maybe I'm bragging, but I think she's a natural...and she's GOOD!

Anyway, auditions are next Saturday, the 13th so I'll be sure to keep everyone posted. She's auditioning for the part of Mayzie La Bird, a snotty, vain character who tricks Horton (the elephant that sits on HER egg). Keep your fingers crossed for my little actress!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah - I hear ya! My little Ani's trying out too - not because we care so much, but because she really loves it - we decided last year that she had a little o' Mart in her when she tried out for the play "Wizard of Oz" and did such a great job at the audition that the director offered her any part she wanted - and here I was, all excited to dress up my own little Dorothy, and what did she choose, but none other than the Wicked Witch of the West!! If you wanna see a clip - check it out on my blog... (back in March in my archives.) She was really cute! Tell Taylor good luck - I hope she gets the part she wants!! I can totally see her being dramatic too. Don't cha love it?

Unknown said...

Good luck! I was always jealous (I mean happy for) all those talented people who could act and sing!!

Mer said...

Good luck to your cute little Taylor girl! You must tell me how it goes!

And, I miss my Kerri too...are we going to try to get together sometimes during the holidays???

McAllister's said...

HAHA funny. She would be a natural at that. She is so cute and like you said SASSY!