We have a lot of pets. More than the average family and I will tell you why: 'Cuz pets are awesome! Yes, I've heard it before "Animals are dirty...animals are smelly...blah, blah, blah"Well, said animals are also some of the most loveable creatures on earth. I know this will sound stupid to some, but I think the Lord created animals for people like me. There are days that I'm just sad, and one of my four-legged buddies will come up to me and just sit next to me when I cry. They know I'm in need of comfort, and they provide it.
They also provide me with lots of entertainment. I was making a cake for Taylor's birthday, and in walked one of our kittens, Boy. He hopped up on the counter and started licking the beaters. I couldn't get mad--he has good taste! Plus, I tried taking the beater away and he chased me for it!
I thank the Lord for making animals. They are some of my best pals! Here's to my furry friends! I love your wet kisses!!
3 comments:
My sweet kitty, Bart, use to find me when I was upset and crying. She would put her paw on my forearm and just keep it there, laying next to me, till I was better. I miss her SOOOO much! She died of cancer in February, 2006. Sometimes I think I feel her little paw on my forearm comforting me.
Well, if we weren't an allergy factory around here we'd probably have a cat or something...but Josh's eyes practically swell shut and mine aren't too happy either.
We DO have two fat lazy gerbils though, does that count? :)
I LOVE our dog, Charlie! He's so cute and you are right they know when we need them. He's ALWAYS excited to see us. It's the best! Sure, they get smelly but don't we too?? You don't see me not having kids because they stink sometimes!! He he he!
Post a Comment