Monday, November 24, 2008

...TwiLigHt...

The BIG day finally came...November 21st, 12:01 am and Taylor and I had third row tickets. We had waited SO LONG for this day to arrive...and I got sick!!

Honestly, it was terrible! A few hours before we left for the movie, I felt awful, but I kept telling myself, "I am NOT sick. I'm just fine!" and that lasted for a while. Half way through the movie I had to excuse myself to the ladies room to "toss my cookies" and I didn't enjoy the movie at all. I just about cried.

Taylor had fun though, and that was most important to me! She won a movie poster of Edward *sigh!* and a cute pink hat that says "Forks" on it. She was thrilled and had a wonderful night. That made getting sick sorta okay.

Next day, I was sick in bed with the flu...no surprise, right? I was supposed to go see "Twilight" again with some friends and ended up having to cancel. I was SO bummed! There was a party before it and everything, and I missed the whole thing. I was pretty much in tears and called Granty, whining about the situation. My dear, sweet husband said to me, "Why don't you get us some tickets for Saturday, and I'll take you to see it." It meant the world to me that he would take me to see "Twilight", even though it really wasn't something he wanted to do.

After seeing "Twilight" a second time and really being able to enjoy it, I must admit that I was completely surprised. A book as beloved as this has a LOT of expectations to live up to, and honestly, I was quite satisfied. Yes, some things had to be changed...were out of order...were made up parts of the story...but for production's sake, it had to be done. I absolutely ADORED Robert Pattinson as Edward. I had been rather skeptical about how he'd do, but he definitely swept both Taylor and I off our feet! I already knew that Taylor Lautner would be great as Jacob, and I wonder who will play him as an older boy. Hmmmm...maybe they could just use him and make him look older? Ida know...

Anyway, I loved the movie! I love the book! I'm a "Twilight" geek to the core and it's awesome! Bring on "New Moon", baby! Can't wait!

1 comment:

Mer said...

I HAVEN'T SEEN IT YET!!! So...you wanna go with me? :D