** SPOLIER ALERT: LOTS OF PICTURES IN THIS BLOG!***I have to admit, upfront, that today was truly a wonderful day! Taylor's actual birthday isn't until Tuesday, the 11th, but we celebrated it today (certain events aren't easily planned on a school day!)
The day began like any other Saturday...get up, do chores, go on errands. However, THIS particular Saturday took us to Grandma's house. You see, she and Grandpa supposedly needed some "help in the yard", so we dro
pped off the boys and Taylor
, Grandma and I headed out to do some errands. Well, this is the scenario Taylor believed. In all reality, we were headed to one of my mom's friend's house to get a "High School Musical" make-over for Miss Taylor Mae! We had tickets to see HSM3 that afternoon so of COURSE she had to look FABULOUS, as Sharpay would say!Before said transformation began, I gave her a present with a brand-spanking NEW HSM shirt in it. She looked at it and said, "What's this for?" I told her, "Well, Grandma and I have our nice clothes on, and our hair and make-up is done. What happened to you?"
She started giggling when the realization hit her, and she was all smiles from that moment on. I must admit, being almost 10, getting make-up, nail polish and a SASSY updo has GOT to be a dream come true! For my little girl, it was anyway!From there, we were off to lunch. We went to Iggy's and had ourselves some delicious eats! Chips, salsa, BLT's, LOTS of yummy bread and endless soda! While eating lunch, our waiter asked, "Is this a special occasion? Somebody looks awfully dressed up!" That someone piped up, "It's my birthday! I'm 10!" and thus, the birthday song, followed by a yummy ice cream sundae finished our meal off n
icely.We still had an hour to kill before the movie started, and Taylor was jumping out of her pants with excitement. We decided to walk around the shops near the theater while waiting and had a great time trying on sunglasses and trying chocolate covered cinnamon bears at the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory. We even ventured into a store, appropriately named "High Maintenace" and Grandma & I got free make-overs! Holy Cow, now we ALL looked the part!
At the theater, we were surrounded by a sea of giggling pre-teens. I suddenly felt very, VERY old listening to the girls
go on and on about how hot Zac Efron is. I remember melting for actors like Johnny Depp and Val Kilmer...wait...remember? What the crap am I talking about, I STILL DO!The movie, of course, was adorable. I appreciate Disney SO MUCH for making such a cute series of movies for y
oung girls that are CLEAN and have good MORALS. Okay, I did object a bit to how short some of those dresses were, but all in all, they are cute movies and I'm glad my daughter likes them.FINALLY, we headed back to Grandma's for Taylor's birthday dinner with the rest of the family. Granty, the boys, Aunt Shelly and Grandpa were all patiently waiting for Turkey and stuffed potatoes. Taylor took her own sweet time to eat her favorite dinner, however her
mother was NOT very patient. See, I have been waiting for WEEKS to give her the present I am most excited for and I'm terrible at surprises. I can't
keep secrets worth crap, so don't EVER tell me one! I just get too excited and I can't contain it! Anyway...She opened all of her presents, but the last one. As she opened that last one, SHE FREAKED, as you can see! I got two tickets, one for her, one for me, to see the movie "Twilight" at the midnight showing the day the movie is released. As she opened the present, Tim said, "Everyone plug your ears!" and he was right. She literally screamed with excitement. I just about did too. I have been dying to tell her!

Taylor's birthday was a great day. It won't be long before she is grown and hanging out with her many friends, but until then, I'm grateful to have such a sweet, enthusiastic, loving little girl. She is the light of my life and I'm blessed to be her mother. Happy Birthday Taylor Mae! "I love you way up to the moon and back, and to infinity and beyond!" --Taylor's nightly saying to me.
4 comments:
Too much fun! What a beautiful young lady, Kerri......er, I mean Taylor....er, I mean Taylor and Kerri! (phew, nice save Audra!) I KNEW you couldn't wait to surprise her with the Twilight tickets! You silly girl! Still, the pics say so much and you might not have got that kind of reaction with a groggy, sleepy girl the night of. Happy 10th Birthday Taylor!
What a great Mom you are! Looks like your day was awesome..hope she had a great day too..from the sound of it she sure did!
You are such an awesome Mom!! What a blast! I can't wait till I can do those sorts of things with Izzy! You two are so gorgeous!! Happy Birthday Taylor!!
She looks BEAUTIFUL!
And..um...can I have a Twilight ticket for an early Christmas present?? :D
Post a Comment