Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Construction Worker Orange Looks Good On You!

Ooookay. Today started off great. The kids were in good mooods, the babysitting kids were in good moods, we had pancakes for breakfast--it was a Norman Rockwell moment, and those are rare in our house!!

I got everyone off to school, packed the babies in the car and we were off to make a deposit at the bank. Those who live out in Eagle Mountain know about the construction in our area, but for the most part, it hasn't been a very big deal. WELL...

I'm sitting there in my car, patiently waiting for the traffic to go, singing "The Wheels on the Bus" for the 5th time and I saw just ahead of me, a few cars turning into the gas station. I needed to get to the bank right next to the gas station, so I thought, "I'll turn there." No barricades were in the way; no construction workers blocking the entrance, so the wheels turning in my head said, "Sure, you can go in there. It's not roped off." So I did.

After a few cars ahead of me had turned, a construction worker slammed (not set his hands or laid his hands firmly--SLAMMED) his hands on the hood of my car and mumbled something about "stupid".

I hit my brakes hard, rolled down the window...

me: "I certainly hope you are not calling ME stupid!"

guy: (sputtering) "Yes I AM calling you stupid!"

me: "Excuse me?"

guy: (more sputtering, his cigar hanging from his mouth) "You must be stupid to turn into a closed road!"

me: (pointing out the window) "Cars in front of me turned into the road AND there is an opening in the barricades!"

guy: (more cigar bouncing...I'm getting hypnotized watching it) "No, the road is closed, but you are too stupid to see that!"

me: "Perhaps you should close the barricades or put up a 'road closed' sign so people aren't confused. This is chaos out here!"

guy: "Get out of here stupid! We'll see you in court!"

me: (laughing) "Okay, tough guy!"

Moron...moron, moron, moron. Yes, please take me to court cuz I'm so stupid, I don't know where the construction starts, or where it ends. Sheesh...

P.S. The company doing the work is Geneva Rock and I complained about the one-eyed, missing-teeth, greasy-haired, cigar-smoking, construction worker that I had pleasantries with today. YAY ME!

No comments: