Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A heavy heart...

I've been watching the election coverage for weeks...

All the talk about this person...that person...he believes this...she believes that. I haven't been able to make up my mind and it has been tugging at me really, really hard! I think that this is the FIRST election, in my entire life, that I feel very strongly about. I usually have to ask Grant to explain things to me; tell me why this candidate is better than that one.

Not this year.

I have been listening to information on television, researching online, reading the newspapers and finding out who REALLY was the lesser of two evils. As of this morning, Election Day, I hadn't made up my mind. I've fretted over who I should vote for for weeks, and now the hour has come. What am I gonna do, I keep asking myself.

THEN...

I came across THIS:



And my decision was made. I watched this video in absolute horror. How could I possibly vote for a man who is okay with allowing this to happen? Yes, there are things about McCain that aren't pleasant either, but abortion? Legalizing LIVE BIRTH ABORTION? What kind of a sick country have we become?

My heart has ached all morning thinking of those sweet, newly born babies, alone in the dark, waiting to die. There is no way I could live with myself if I voted for such a cold, calous man. McCain, although he is a stupid old man, will get my vote.

I just feel sick.

1 comment:

Mer said...

I knew about this, and it's one reason I didn't vote for him. Not only did he vote against bills to stop this, he lied and made excuses about why he did.

Now that he's been elected, I think a lot of people are in for a rude awakening.