Now, driving is not one of my many qualities, so everyone was just a bit concerned about me making that 12 hour journey! I have a tendency to get into a "zone" and nod off at the wheel, sooooooo, we had to take two cars and my mom rode with me to help keep me awake. Between singing silly kids songs, telling ridiculous stories and playing the hand-held version of "Deal Or No Deal" (I made a deal for .01 by the way! YEAH!) I managed to stay pretty alert the whole way! The ride home is a different story, but obviously we lived so...we'll just leave it at that!
We arrived at Wade & Sarah's and they immediately handed Eve to Grandpa. He has been itching to see Baby Eve, so I was gracious enough to let him give her a good squeeze before I snatched her away. Muuahahahaha! Seriously!! I think it was Friday or Saturday night I held her for 5 HOURS straight. Either nobody wanted a turn, or they didn't want to battle me for her. Probably the latter, but I'll just say it's cuz Evie wanted ME. Yay!
My dad and Wade had some projects they were working on at the house, Sarah and my mom had errands to ru
n to get ready for the blessing, s
o the kids and I retired to the backyard and
played in the pool. Correction: THEY played in the pool. I just held Baby Eve. Hee hee! Later in the week, Granty arrived (he flew in since he had to work) and immediately joined the kids in the pool. Since the water is heated by the sun, and it only reached the high 80's/90's while we were there, the water wasn't too warm. Granty took a very long time to finally jump in the pool, but the kids had a great time splashing him until he did.We had a lot of fun eating at "exclusive" Arizona spots like Joe's BBQ and the Organ Stop Pizza Place. You can't possibly explain what the place is like--you just have to go there! There is an amazing, HUGE organ that takes up one entire wall of the establishment and the guy playing the organ is unbelievable! He play requests, and we had requested the Star Wars Theme, but he didn't get the chance to play it. We did hear the Indiana Jones Theme, It's a Small World, Phantom of the Opera and a bunch of others. It's very impressive! I think going to Organ Stop Pizza is one of our favorite Arizona traditions!
Sunday mor
ning we all got dressed and ready for Eve's big day. The dress she wore for her blessing was made by my Nana (grandma) for my mom's blessing. Mom wore it, I wore it, and now Baby Eve will wear it. Since Taylor wasn't a baby when she arrived in our lives, she couldn't really wear
it, so Taylor's first baby girl will get to wear the dress for her blessing. I think it's kinda cool to imagine my granddaughter wearing a dress that so many precious hands have touched. Anyway...Wade did such a great job blessing his baby girl. He just said all the right things without all of the "flowery" crap that sometimes goes on and on. (Sorry, no offense anyone!) It was a really great day for all of us and I was SO happy we could be there!
Christmas this year Wade, Sarah & Eve will be coming to visit and I'm already counting down the days! It will be a whole new experience this year having a new baby during the holidays. Can't get much more perfect than THAT!
2 comments:
Awwww.
One thing about little girls...they never shoot their eye out. :D
Your new niece is darling! And look at Wade with all that hair! Holy Cow!
Hey, I nominated you on my blog!
Post a Comment