Yesterday, Granty and I celebrated 15 years of wedded bliss! At 1:30 am he woke me up and said, "Happy Anniversary Honey!" which I thought was awfully sweet. That evening, he surprised me with a dozen long-stemmed roses, which is very unlike him! He always says that he doesn't like spending money on flowers because they end up dying, however he's learned how much they mean to me, and thus, I got some beautiful roses!
No, our marriage isn't perfect. In fact we talked last night about the things that we have been through in the past 15 years. We've struggled through some really tough issues, and yet, we both love each other enough that we've gotten through those times because we are devoted to this marriage and each other.
I've been really down the past week because I have found out that several people we know are either separated or getting divorced. I can't help but feel tremendous heartache for them. It must be so horribly painful to reach the decision not to be married. I don't know how I could let go of the one person my heart beats for. And what about our kids? Ohhh what a horrible mess. I just feel so sad that these people are struggling and wish that there was something I could do to help.
I just want it on record that I dearly love my husband. He has stuck by me through some really, REALLY ugly times and I know that it's because he loves me too. I'm just grateful to have such a good man at my side. I love you Granty!
2 comments:
Happy Anniversary! You guys are such a GREAT example of what marriage is. I understand about the heartache about those around you. I thought it was just me. There are soooo many people we know that are getting divorced right now. It's made Steve and work that much harder. Love ya!
Congrats on your anniversary!!!
I remember your wedding...aaahhhh.
I tagged you, gf. Go read my blog and find out what to do!
Post a Comment