Sunday, September 7, 2008

Bryce Canyon, Spring Break 2008


Since I'm getting this blog started AFTER the fact, I'll go back a little in history and update all my readers (what...one reader?) on our trip to Bryce last spring. I've lived in Utah practically all my life and I had never been to Bryce Canyon before! It's such a beautiful place, what was my delay? Anyway...

I have awesome parents, and they took our family on a mini-vacation to Bryce Canyon in April, 2008 and it was great! Our oldest son Timothy wasn't able to come, however. He seemed to think it would be more fun to stay home and work with a friend of ours to earn some money. Hmmm, lemme see...work, or free vacation? Ida know, tough choice!!
The weather at Bryce was heavenly! It was cool in the morning, warm in the afternoon, and then cool again at night. I don't think it ever got past 75 degrees. Apparantly it stays like that most of the year and I asked Grant if we could bulid a little house somewhere in the middle of the canyon. I guess it was a silly idea because everyone laughed. Ahh well!


We had a lot of fun however, driving up the canyon and then getting out at various spots to climb and hike the narrow paths. I for one did NOT like that part. The trails were so tiny and I'm not a tiny girl! I was sure that if I took one step too far to the left or to the right I was going to topple to my death right there in front of my children! Okay, so I was being just slightly dramatic, but we were up amazingly high and it did freak me out...just a bit.

All in all we had a great time. I think the pictures of our last day, messing around with the camera kind of illustrates this. We always have a lot of fun together. I'm so glad that my parents live close by and that we enjoy spending time together! My dad is always saying he wants to retire to Kanab so I guess we need to take advantage of the fact they are only 30 minutes away!



(Grant & I looking wayyyyyyyyyyy too sexy for our own good!)

(Too bad we couldn't leave 'em there! Ha ha ha!)

1 comment:

Tami's Eclectic Corner said...

LOVE your blog! Yea!! I love blogging. It's so addicting. Love ya! Tami