Well, things could be worse...
We went to the Dr today and he said the good news is that the blood and debris is being absorbed back into Cameron's body, the pressure on his eye is stable and the swelling is continuing to go down. The bad news is cataracts have started to form, which means surgery. He also told us that his eye will require surgery to re-attach his iris to the pupil.
The long and the short of it is: surgery (several at that) will be required to repair the damage to his eye, he will need to have his eye checked on a regular basis for the rest of his life, he will need to wear corrective lenses just to be able to see and at this point, we don't even know if he will be able to see very well anyway.
I am angry. I am SO angry that some moron out there let their 11 year old child play so foolishly with a BB gun and now MY SON, MY son, who isn't allowed to play with BB guns and wasn't playing with them ANYWAY is going to have to pay for THAT BOY'S STUPID (edit string of profanities) MISTAKE for the rest of his life!! I know that this isn't a huge deal to some. People are going to think I'm a huge whiner, but I am PISSED! Words cannot express the waves of emotion that keep sweeping over me!
Let this be a lesson to everyone who reads this blog 1) Do not, I repeat DO NOT let your children play with BB guns or Airsoft guns! Don't let them play with kids who have them.
2) Don't mess with me when it comes to my children. Restitution WILL be made! Just ask my attorney.
2 comments:
HALLELUJAH! Amen, my sistah! I would totally feel the same way and I'm glad you have the courage to share your true feelings on your blog. The closest my kids get, and will get, to guns is their bubble guns. I can't help but be madly curious as to who the irresponsible 11-year-old is! Do you need me to stare anyone down? I'm good at that! he he he j/k
You have EVERY right to be pissed off! It's NOT whining! Where were the parents? We often take the kids shooting with us but we teach them safety and responsibility. I would NEVER, EVER let my child fire a gun (paint ball, BB, etc.) without us being in the desert and under CLOSE supervision. I'm so sorry you guys have to go through this. Please let Cameron know I'm thinking about him. Love ya!
Post a Comment