Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Cameron's eye update...

Today was the first follow-up visit with the Dr regarding Cameron's inury. The Dr said that the swelling of the cornea is decreasing and the cut on the iris is healing as well. The pressure of his eye is stable, no cataracts have formed as of yet, and right now his vision is limited to shapes and shadows. There is still too much blood and debris floating around in his eye, so the Dr has difficulty looking at the back of his eye. For now, things are okay, however the Dr did say not to get our hopes up too high. He said this is an extremely serious injury and we have a long way to go. *sigh* So far, so good I suppose.

Cameron loves the fact he gets to keep missing school. He could actually be out of school all next week as well, according to the Dr. It's really difficult keeping an active 11-yr old down. The Dr has said that the only things Cameron can do are watch television (from a long distance), sleep and eat. Other than that, everyone needs to do things for him. A family of servants...what luck!

Anyway, we have another appt on Friday with the Dr to see how thing are progressing. I'll keep you posted.

Buh-bye!

3 comments:

Alynda said...

It is so great to be connected in this way. The kids look great and I am excited to getting the scoop on the Suttons on a regular basis! Love to you all.

Mer said...

Poor little guy. I hope his eye heals and he can see. :(

I saw this blog today and thought of you. :D

http://hair4myprincess.blogspot.com/

Armstrong Family said...

Oh Kerri! I'm so sad for you and Cameron. That's horrible he's going through so much! Who did it? Who do I need to hurt, huh? If you need anything, let me know!
Take care!