Friday, May 1, 2009

Turning the big ONE TWO!!

Well, today Kaleb & Cameron are turning 12! TWELVE I tell you!! It is so hard for me to fathom that they are turning 12, being ordained on Sunday, will start passing the sacrament AND go to JUNIOR HIGH next year! Holiday-hoobie-whatie? MY boys...MY little twins (well, Kaleb is little!)...MY silly duo, are pre-teens? What the crap? Who told them to grow up so fast??

The day I met my boys still seems so recent. Grant, Tim and I went over to their foster parent's home to meet them and Taylor. Kaleb's chubby cheeks were so squeezable, I had to stop myself from pinching them. I didn't wanna scare the poor kid before he was even mine! And Cameron had these enormous green eyes--the most beautiful eyes I'd ever seen! I could hardly believe they were going to be mine!

Despite everything my boys have been through, they have struggled through like warriors. They are both so brave, so smart, so full of enthusiasm, and so determined--it's no wonder the world never got them down, even at it's darkest.

KALEB--I love your personality! You have a way of making anything funny, and even though sometimes you get out of control and have to be reminded OFTEN to settle down, you are a joy to be around! You are still small enough to cuddle and hold (even though you are now 12!!) and I love the fact you like being close to me. You aren't perfect, but you have a heart of gold and I KNOW you try to do the right thing. I love your smile, your laugh, your awesome stories, your hugs and your kisses! I'm proud of you and can't wait to watch you pass the sacrament. You are the best Squonkie! I LOVE YOU!

CAMERON--I love your confidence! I don't think there has ever been anything placed before you that you have feared doing. You don't back down, EVER, and you are determined to see things through. Sometimes that makes conflict between you and I, but the older you get, the less we clash and that makes me SO HAPPY! I know you try hard to get along with your sister, and it makes me happy that you TRY, even though it doesn't always happen! You have beautiful eyes--the windows to a truly beautiful soul. Although you don't want to admit it, you really are a good boy, and I'm so lucky to be your mom! I know you will take your new priesthood responsibility to heart, and will remember to always do what is right. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE YOU Blind Kid!!

You two are awesome--I couldn't have asked for better boys! You are like my own strippling warriors, never fearing the world and obeying our Heavenly Father. I hope I have taught you all you need to know as you venture into the world without me by your side. I'll always be here when you need your mother's arms around you! I love you both so much! Happy Birthday!!

3 comments:

Alynda said...

Your tribute to them was touching. Where does the time fly? Wish them a happy birthday from us.

The Brugger Bunch said...

Oh my friend, I can hardly see thru my tears! What a beautiful and tender tribute to two such amazing little men. Since I have known you I have been so touched by the love that you have for these little ones. They are so beautiful. With that said, 12?!?!?!? There should be some way to slow time down, lol! Love you lady!

Thorpe Family said...

Super cute post! Hey, I am having a Ward Pampered Chef party and would LOVE for you to come! It is May 19th at 6:30. Let me know if you can make it. bthorpe.sw@hotmail.com