Saturday, January 17, 2009

YAY FOR MOM!

I was looking at my Xanadu-loving friend Audra's blog and saw the cutest tag/blog entry. I got my kids together and asked them the following questions. It was fun to hear their reactions, even though some of them were rather silly!!

K = Kaleb, C = Cameron, TY = Taylor, T = Timothy

1) What is something mom always says to you? K:) Think before you speak, C:) I don't know...shut up? TY:) I love you, T:) You're an idiot!
2) What makes mom happy? K:) People that listen to her, obey her, help her, and do chores, C:) New shoes!, TY:) When you are obedient, T:) Not lying.
3) What makes mom sad? K:) People not listening, people bugging her, screaming when she has a headache and being alone for a long time. C:) Whatever Kaleb said, he took all the good things! TY:) Not listening and being disobedient, T:) Lying.
4) What does your mom do to make you laugh? K:) Tickle me, and she tells jokes and says funny things, C:) I laugh when she yells at Taylor, TY:) She says, "Hey Taylor!" and I say "What?" and she farts! T:) When she looks at me.
5) How old is your mom? C:) She's either 37 or 38, K:) What? She's 35!, TY:) She's 37, T:) She's older than the dinosaurs.
6) What was your mom like as a child? K:) Playful, she never put sunscreen on so she got sunburned and her mom had to peel off all the dead skin, C:) She was always nice to her brother and friends, TY:) She had curly hair like a perm and was loving and nice, T:) She never got in trouble.
7) How tall is your mom? K:) About as tall as Tim. How tall is Tim? C) Ida know, I've never measured you before. 5'2"? TY:) I'm not sure, 4'5", T:) 5'4"
8) What is your mom's favorite thing to do? K:) Go shopping, watch Seinfeld, hang with her friends, go watch movies, C:) SHOPPING! Reading vampire books, TY:) She likes cuddling and us giving her massages and she likes going to movies, T:) Anything Twilight.
9) What does your mom do when you're not around? K:) Talk to friends on the phone, read vampire books, babysit kids, C:) Hang out with Angie or Heather or Dawn, TY:) She babysits and probably gets annoyed, T:) Babysits.
10) If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? K:) A comedian, like Jerry Seinfeld, C:) Singing, TY:) Acting and singing, T:) For being the craziest person on earth and drug dealing.
11) What is your mom really good at? K:) Making meals, scrapbooking, and babysitting C:) Scrapbooking and she's really good at sleeping! TY:) Cooking & parenting, T:) Being a mom.
12) What is your mom not so good at? K:) Tech deck skating and playing Grand Theft Auto, C:) Cannonballs like when you jump in to the pool, or any gun games, TY:) Math and disciplining us. Sometimes she is too nice and she needs to be harder on us! T:) Skateboarding.
13) What does your mom do for her job? K:) Babysitting, C:) Babysits, TY:) Babysitting, T:) She sits around watching TV all day.
14) What is your mom's favorite food? K:) Chinese, C:) salad from Cafe Rio, TY:) salad, T:) Cafe Rio salad.
15) What makes you proud of your mom? K:) She tells funny jokes, she doesn't yell as much, she takes us fun places, C:) When she takes us places to buy stuff with our money, she doesn't get bothered when people make fun of her, TY:) She is nice and she always tucks us in bed and she helps us with homework and she is a really great mom, T:) She's just a good mom.
16) If your mom were a cartoon character, who would she be? K:) a cartoon version of Elaine from Seinfeld C:) Velma from Scooby Doo, the geeky one, TY:) Lois from Family Guy, T:) Cartman.
17) What do you and your mom do together? K:) I show my mom stuff on youtube like Potter Puppet Pals, C:) If dad can't go with you to Desert Star, you take one of us, TY:) Shopping and spa days, T:) Sometimes she checks me out of school and we go have lunch and talk.
18) How are you and your mom the same? K:) We both like Potter Puppet Pals and we're both funny, C:) We both have brown hair, TY:) We both like acting and singing and we have brown hair and we like to shop, T:) We are both totally cool.
19) How are you and your mom different? K:) I'm more obnoxious, C:) I'm younger and you're older, TY:) She is way taller than me, T:) She is old.
20) How do you know your mom loves you? K:) How? That's easy! She says I love you and hugs you and stuff and when she takes us out places, C:) Same thing as Kaleb said, TY:) She tucks us in bed and gives us hugs & kisses and makes us treats, T:) She beats me. Just kidding! Ha, ha, ha! She tells me she loves me and calls me a jerk...she always calls me a jerk!

I have awesome kids! Try this with your own kids...it's a real eye-opener!

2 comments:

Farr Family said...

This was my MOST favorite answer...Timmy you KILL me! (And you probably will kill me for calling you Timmy in cyberspace! Bring it on!)

10) If your mom becomes famous, what will it be for? T:) For being the craziest person on earth and drug dealing.

HeaddaMarie said...

LOL Ya, I liked that one too Dawn! Your kids are so stinkin' funny! I love hanging out with you...BTW, even though you missed some spots when dying my hair...we can still be friends...until you get caught dealing drugs...lol