A few weeks ago in Relief Society, the lesson was about teaching our children. We talked about the frustrating moments we all have with our children and the things our Heavenly Father wants us to teach them, but nothing hit me as hard as the following story illustrates. I thought is was so clever, and just the thing I needed!! Here it is...
"The First Children "
Whenever your kids are out of control, you can take comfort from the thought that even God's omnipotence did not extend to his kids. After creating heaven & earth, God created Adam & Eve, and the first thing he said was, "Don't"
"Don't what?" Adam replied.
"Don't eat the forbidden fruit," God said.
"Forbidden fruit? We got forbidden fruit? Hey, Eve! We got forbidden fruit!"
"No way!"
"Yes way!"
"Don't eat that fruit!" said God
"Why?"
"Because I am your Father, and I said so!" said God, wondering why he hadn't stopped after making the elephants.
A few minutes later, God saw his kids having an apple break.
"Didn't I tell you not to eat the fruit?" the First Parent asked.
"Uh huh," Adam replied.
"Then why did you?"
"I dunno." Eve shrugged.
"She started it!" Adam said
"Did not!"
"Did TOO!"
"DID NOT!"
Having had it with the two of them, God's punishment was that Adam and Eve should have children of their own. Thus the pattern was set, and it has never changed.
Saturday, January 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Amen to that!
Ha ha...that's funny.
And true. OH so true.
Post a Comment