Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween, 2008

I can't believe how quickly Halloween snuck up on me! It seems like all of the sudden I was putting costumes together, making pumpkin shaped cookies, carving pumpkins, shopping for candy, etc. Where did autumn go? Or did it even arrive? I went to Wal-mart yesterday and there were Christmas decorations, and MUSIC playing...before Halloween! What the deuce?

Okay, so back to Halloween...

Last year, Granty was a horrendously ugly woman for Halloween. I admit, it was fun to put the costume together and send him off to work, like my little wife, however...THIS year, he decided to not only be a woman again, but a BALLERINA! Who gave my husband crack and made him smoke it? The kids and I were practically writhing on the floor laughing last night while he tried on his costume, complete with a blonde wig and HUGE tutu. Holy bajole!

Everyone really got into Halloween this year. Except me. I'm the party pooper who does all the make up. By the time I'm done getting everyone ready, I don't wanna get dressed up! But that's another story...

Tim wanted to be Heath Ledger's Joker, and I kept telling him, "I don't know how we're gonna do it." He insisted that if we just tried, it would work. Soooooo, we went to the DI and found a purple suit coat, and shirt and tie and some cool shoes that we figured would work. Okay, I don't wanna brag, but WOW! His make up was spot on and he does an awesome impression of the Joker. He's such a cute kid. He kept saying, "Mom, I look so good!!" YES! 10 points for the meanest mom in the world!! :)

Taylor was a witch and she wore the costume that I wore when I was 5! Now, at 5 years old, the costume touched the ground, but for Taylor, it hit her knees. She was quite the adorable little witch. I had fun with her make up and got really crazy with the colors. Halloween is the time to go a little nuts I suppose. Just not Michael Myers nuts...or Freddy Krueger...or Jason. Wait, am I revealing all the "naughty" movies I've seen?

Cameron, as usual, was some kind of scary monster guy. We never have a name for what he is. I guess he's just a monster. Did he really need a costume? HEYYYY, I'm kidding guys! Sheesh, you think I don't like my crabby stinker of a kid? Of course I do...slobbery fangs and all!

And then there was Squonkalicious Kaleb. He always wants to be something with a weapon, especially a sword! While we browsed my mom's costume box, we came along my brother's old Zorro costume. Wade was Zorro 24/7 for several years as a kid and my mom made him the cutest costume! Anyway, Kaleb thought it looked pretty cool, and thus, we have Zorro the gay blade! Okay, maybe not the gay part, but Zorro just the same!

So that's our Halloween, 2008. Wanna know the best part about Halloween? It's OVER! YAY!

1 comment:

nickh said...

Tim you Got me!! the Joker look it great I would have to ave to ask were did you get those scars???