Saturday, March 14, 2009

Kids say the darndest things!!

Over the past few days, I've had some rather interesting coversations with my kids. They sometimes say the strangest things. For example...

Yesterday, I picked Tim up from his friends' house. This particular friend is a cute kid, and he's come to our house many times. They have a fun time together and I don't worry about them making dumb choices cuz they seem to have their heads on straight when they are together. However...

He got in the car yesterday and said "Mom, from now on, I'm going to eat a raw egg every morning!" I'm gagging when I ask, "And exactly WHY would you want to do that??" He then proceeds to tell me that he and Dakota (his friend) have decided they need to "bulk up" and a good way to do that is by eating a raw egg every morning. I said to him, "Why don't you just cook the egg? The only reason guys eat it raw is because it's fast and they don't have to cook it. You have time in the morning to at least scramble it really quick." To that he responded, "Mom, come on. I'm a man now, I don't need to wuss out and scramble it!"

Um......okay!

Speaking of, "being a man", I was commenting a few days ago about the fact that Cameron is definitely growing up. He pointed out that he has a few spots of acne on his face and I told him it happens to everyone when they hit puberty. Then of course, a discussion on what happens during puberty ensued. Near the end of our discussion, Kaleb piped in and said, "Well I know that I'm in puberty cuz there are little hairs on my ding-a-ling!"

I think I pee'd my pants I laughed so hard!

And finally, my little Taylor. *sigh* She really isn't so little anymore. We were driving today to SLC, and while in the car, she struck up a rather interesting conversation:

T: "Hey mom, you know those quizzes in my magazine?"

M: "The ones that tell you about what kind of girl you are and stuff?"

T: "Yeah those!"

M: "Mmmm hmmm, I know what you mean."

T: "Well, I took a quiz to see what kind of a "crusher" I am, and my answer was Zac Efron."

M: "Huh? You crush on Zac Efron?"

T: *giggling* "No, I crush on guys like Zac Efron does on girls--he crushes slow, just like me."

M: *snort* "Oh....I see! And who are you crushing on these days?"

T: *with stars in her eyes* "Luke!"

M: "Oooo, Luke! Is he cute?"

T: "YES!"

M: "I used to flirt a lot in school."

T: "Oh, me too. I flirt with Luke."

M: "Really? How do you flirt with him?"

T: "Oh, I usually just bump into him in the lunch line at school."

M: "Does he see you?"

T: "No way! He looks around and wonders who did it!"

M: "Well do you know his last name?"

T: "No, but I'm determind to find out!"

So there ya have it--if you want to get your crushes' attention, simply give him a good push while waiting in the lunch line at school! Sheesh! Everyone knows that's how I got Granty!!

2 comments:

HeaddaMarie said...

Oh my gosh your kids totally crack me up!!!

The Brugger Bunch said...

Oh my lands, I am laughing so hard, I LOVED IT!