Okay, here it is...
My High School's 20th Reunion is in about 6 months. It's hard to believe it's been THAT long, but I'm pretty much over the shock, hee hee! Here's my dilemma: SHOULD I GO to the reunion?
Some people from my graduating class organized a website for the upcoming reunion and everyone has the ability to make a "page" updating everyone on their lives, etc, etc. Ever since I started checking the site to see what everyone has been up to, I've been FREAKED OUT! I keep having dreams about High School, and they aren't nice ones I might add!
I know this will come as a shock to most of you, but I wasn't a popular girl in H.S. In fact, there were a lot of people who made my Jr High and H.S. years suck--big time!! The thing that made H.S. worthwhile was the circle of good friends I had, the debate team & drama. I scroll through the names of my graduating class and get irritated at some of the names--the girls who were too pretty to know my name; the boys who had rude nicknames for me; the so-called "friends" who turned their back on me...*sigh*
I'm really not one to sit and dwell on the past, but this whole reunion crap has me tied in knots! Granty says I should go, have my hair done, get a fantastic dress, and walk in with him on my arm so everyone will see that the "fat girl" did okay for herself! Ida know, maybe I'm making to big a deal about this whole thing. I guess I just wonder, if they hated me THEN, will they still hate me NOW? Why would I want to put myself through that? Meh...
I guess I still have time to decide...
What do you think?
My High School's 20th Reunion is in about 6 months. It's hard to believe it's been THAT long, but I'm pretty much over the shock, hee hee! Here's my dilemma: SHOULD I GO to the reunion?
Some people from my graduating class organized a website for the upcoming reunion and everyone has the ability to make a "page" updating everyone on their lives, etc, etc. Ever since I started checking the site to see what everyone has been up to, I've been FREAKED OUT! I keep having dreams about High School, and they aren't nice ones I might add!
I know this will come as a shock to most of you, but I wasn't a popular girl in H.S. In fact, there were a lot of people who made my Jr High and H.S. years suck--big time!! The thing that made H.S. worthwhile was the circle of good friends I had, the debate team & drama. I scroll through the names of my graduating class and get irritated at some of the names--the girls who were too pretty to know my name; the boys who had rude nicknames for me; the so-called "friends" who turned their back on me...*sigh*
I'm really not one to sit and dwell on the past, but this whole reunion crap has me tied in knots! Granty says I should go, have my hair done, get a fantastic dress, and walk in with him on my arm so everyone will see that the "fat girl" did okay for herself! Ida know, maybe I'm making to big a deal about this whole thing. I guess I just wonder, if they hated me THEN, will they still hate me NOW? Why would I want to put myself through that? Meh...
I guess I still have time to decide...
What do you think?
4 comments:
After giving people 20 years to grow up, a lot of them regret how they treated others and many apologize for their meanness. If you know your circle of friends will be there and you haven't seen them in a while - GO! Catch up with your old friends.
And here's your chance to face your 'nightmare' head on - with Grant by your side! Good luck either way you decide.
I had to miss my 20 year reunion last summer because it was when we were moving. I wish I could have gone, but at the same time I keep in touch with those I want to from my class so I really don't have any regrets for not going either. And there will be another one in 5 years!
I think you should go too! Ditto to what the lady above me said!
I think you should go too..make everyone jealous! Seriously, it would be nice to catch up with the friends who were actually your friends and love you!
I think you should go, I think we are plaaning on going, I to had a lot of the back biting, but I have noticed while on FB that many of the people who may have been rude actually grew up, so forgive and forget, at least that is what I am trying to to
Post a Comment