This story is pouring out of me now. See? I told you I'm a talker...
So, last Friday, Tim was supposed to be with one of his friends, at his house, and then they were coming to our house around 10 to stay the night. We had been thinking of going to visit some family out of town that weekend, and Tim kept asking me if we were going. He said he had plans with his friends and didn't want to cancel them. He said that if we DID go out of town, he would just stay with a friend. It seemed weird to me that he was so interested, and had some plans in order, but I blew it off. Why would he lie to me?
I was playing on facebook that night, just looking at profiles and such, and had the urge to look at his gf's page. She has me blocked, so I couldn't look at it unless I was sneaky. And I was. When I looked at her page, I was surprised to see some things. On several days that Tim was supposedly with friends, she made a comment about them being together. She commented how fun spring break was and Tim commented that he agreed it was the best spring break ever. I called Granty in to show him, and as he did, a new post showed up. Her status said that Tim gives the best foot massages, ever. They were together, right then. At that moment. Together. Tim and her.
Cameron told us that he knew Tim's gf sometimes brought him home at night and dropped him off around the corner so that we couldn't see. Granty walked over to the park by our house so he could watch for her car, and sure enough, around the corner she dropped off both Tim and his friend.
When Tim walked in I said, "I have one question, and I want the truth. Were you with your gf just now, last Friday and over spring break?" He looked at me and lied. "No mom, I was with my friends." I said to him, "Are you sure? Because I have proof you were together." Silence.
At that point we just told him he was grounded for 2 weeks until we were able to decide what an appropriate consequence would be. We still haven't decided.
I had trusted him. I had placed all my faith in him that he would do what's right, and again....AGAIN I was decieved. I started feeling like I must be the most stupid person on the planet! Something had to be wrong with me to keep believing him over and over. How can I not have faith in him? He is my son. He is my little boy.
I will always have faith in him, and I will always love him. However, my heart will be broken every time he lets me down. And that's okay. It's my job.
And next, the exciting conclusion!
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment