My past few posts were awfully dreary. Yes, I just said dreary. Anyway, I'm feeling better. Not 100%, but better. I went to see my regular Dr (I'm searching for a new Pdoc since mine went to the U of U Psych Intake--rude!) and lucky for me, she prescribed me something new to try in addition to my other meds. I'm not positive it's working or not, but at least I'm feeling better this week, so that's definitely GOOD!
Someone asked me an interesting question the other day, and I thought it was an important one. She asked me, "When you are struggling like that, as a friend, what can I do to help?" My answer? Nothing. The best thing for me is to just let me know you are there if I need you, that you love me, and that you'll still be here when I "come back". Basically, I just need time to stew in my sorrow, and then pick myself back up. I can do it. I've done it many times. The most important thing for me is to know you won't turn your back on me since I'm crazy.
I am so grateful that I was born into the family that I was. My parents, my brother, and my extended family are all so supportive and loving when I struggle. I believe Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he sent me to the Jespersen family.
Then there is my own little family. My kids often get the brunt of my emotional roller coaster, but they are each loving, and kind, and sweet, and most importantly, forgiving. I am trying harder than ever to be a soft-spoken, understanding, supportive mom and the last week my efforts have really paid off. My home is peaceful and happy and that's how I want it to be.
And last, but of course not least, my Granty. He has picked me up off of the floor on many occasions and told me to keep on keepin' on. He loves me unconditionally and I'm grateful to be married to my very best friend.
It isn't easy being me, but I have wonderful friends--the best friends I have ever had in my life! They make my days easier and they don't even know it. I know they are my friends. I know they love me no matter what. I know they would drop everything to help me--they've done it before! And I know that we were guided to meet each other. Maybe we've been friends long before any of us came to earth. I like to think so.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
SOOOO glad things are going better! I'm missin' my Kerri-berry! Lets play soon! LUVE you TONS!
Post a Comment