I have said a lot of negative things about my Tim. Yeah, he's screwed up and made some pretty stupid choices--but who among us hasn't right?
I have a wonderful son.
Pure and simple.
This last Sunday I wanted to stay home from church and clean the house since Granty was FINALLY coming home! He had been gone for a week and my house was a disaster! Tim came upstairs and asked, "Are you going to church?" I explained why I wasn't and he left. About an hour later he came into my room, dressed for church and said he was going to Sacrament Meeting.
Wow!
I was SO impressed (and a bit guilty).
He came home from church just beaming. I asked him, "What are you so happy about?" and he just about giggled when he said, "I bore my testimony for the first time!" I was crushed that I missed it!! He said, "I just felt like I needed to say what I believe. I wanted everyone to know and I hope that I helped someone."
Help someone, he did.
Me.
I have made a new commitment to go to my church meetings. I've slacked off a lot lately and come up with all kinds of excuses why I can't go. Well, not anymore. I have definitely learned from my boy.
I go on a lot about what Tim isn't. Well, I want to note some things he IS.
Tim is kind. There isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't hang with his brothers, or play a Wii game with his sister. He tells me he does it because he knows it is important to them. He is sweet to my babysitting kids and often plays with them.
Tim is thoughtful. He often comes to me with the most thought-provoking questions and I am stunned by the things he is thinking of. Sometimes those thoughts are gospel related, sometimes political and sometimes philisophical.
Tim is sensitive. He often comes to me and says, "How ya doin' mom?". He'll ask if I'm okay when I seem down, he'll ask if I need help when I'm busy, and sometimes just jump in and help without being asked. I will sometimes come in the kitchen and find the dishes are done, the counter is clean and the dishwasher is going. He has become very aware of me and my feelings this last year, and it means so much to me. He opens the door for me, carries things into the house for me, and treats me with amazing respect.
Tim is humble. When he has made mistakes, he is quick to apologize and make things right again. He has never been a kid to exclude anyone, and will try to make sure that everyone is included. He wants peace, and gets upset when there is fighting. He will do everything he can to make sure everyone is happy, even if he means he may go without.
I love my Tim! I once called him a dream come true, when my dream to become a mommy was realized because of him.
He is STILL a dream come true.
4 comments:
I hate that you missed it. It was wonderful. You have a great kid (despite all the teenage crap :)You have a lot to be proud of!
I still remember when he was 5. Can't believe how grow up he is! Such a stud! Cute post Kerri, you are a great mom! loves!
Tim is really awesome! When he walked back to his seat he put his arm up and smiled as if to say "I did it!". Even though you weren't there, I know you're proud of him, I sure was! And like I said, he brought the spirit back into Sacrament Meeting and I'm thankful for that. It's what I needed! Yer welcome to tell him that too and a big thanks from me!
Tim is a good kid! I love that picture of him & Izzy. She just adores him!
Post a Comment