I don't know about your house, but in the summer, our house gets a little boring. I hear the whining of my children about how it's so boring, there's nothing to do, blah, blah blah...
To complicate matters, I have kids I babysit that fall into the "whine-ese" category. Mix them up with MY kids, and you get explosions of all kinds: "That's MINE!"...."Don't touch me!"...."So-and-so kicked
me!"..."Moooooooom!!...."and then "mean mom" comes out and it's a big mess.
SO.....
I decided that this summer, we needed to have some things to keep everyone busy. Several years ago, my aunt Shelly gave me some really awesome books called, "Kid Concoctions". It has all kinds of cool kid friendly projects. The kids and I went through the books and found some things that sounded fun.
Today was our first attempt at staying busy. We made "Peanutty Clay" and it turned out great! Kaleb & Cameron are at Scout Camp this week, so it was Liam and Taylor who gave it a try. They loved it!! They were able to make groovy things, like you would with play dough, and then EAT it. As Taylor said, it was an activity and a snack all in one!
If anyone is interested, I'll post about our activites as we do 'em. I think we're gonna do 1 or 2 a week. I'll give you the recipe as well as tell you if it was successful or not. For our first try, this was a hit and I'm sure we'll do it again!
"Peanutty Clay"
1/2 c. peanut butter
1/2 c. powdered milk
1 Tbs. honey
Put the above ingredients into a sandwich size Ziploc bag. "Squish" it around until mixed. Remove from bag and continue squishing for a few minutes to mix thoroughly. Then, create away and eat! Yum!
No comments:
Post a Comment