Saturday, April 4, 2009

Feeling Happy

I'm really happy today. It's general conference weekend. I love conference weekend and the awesome messages that our church leaders give. As a kid it wasn't easy for me to sit and listen, and I know that's true about my kids as well. Usually we just encourage the kids to listen on Sunday--every t.v. and radio in the house delivers the spoken word, so it's kinda hard to miss. Saturday is generally a bit lower key and we are doing chores and such around the house.

Between sessions of conference today, Granty and I ran some quick errands. One of those was a stop at Walmart to get our boys new shirts and ties for Easter. Taylor already has her dress and I told Granty we needed to do something for the boys, too. Anyway, while standing there in the boys section at Walmart, Granty said, "Do the boys have decent church clothes to wear to the priesthood session tonight?" All of the sudden I realized that ALL 3 of my boys can go now! The twins are 3 weeks away from being 12 and Tim is almost 15. Time sure does fly!

I'm grateful for a husband who knows it is important to take our boys to listen to our prophet. I know it's hard to sit and listen for almost 2 hours, but it's something that they will remember when they are older--going to conference with their dad. PLUS, there is dinner in it for them after the session is over! Who could pass THAT up?

I look forward to the day that Taylor is 12 and we can start going to the Young Women's Broadcast, as well as the Relief Society Broadcast. But, tonight we will just do the "girls thing". Isn't the church awesome? Encouraging families to spend time together, learning more about our Heavenly Father and Jesus--what a perfect plan!

I guess today I'm just feeling happy. Happy I have such a great family; that we can spend some quality time together this weekend; that we get to listen to conference; that tomorrow I can try harder at the things I'm falling short at; and happy to be a member of this church. I'm just happy. :)

2 comments:

The Brugger Bunch said...

OH I JUST LOVE YOU! I can feel the love that you have for your sweet family, every time I read your blog! It blows my mind that your twins are that old already, weren't they just 8, lol!!! You really have the most handsome men in your family! Love you lady!

Paul/Heather said...

Those are some good lookin' boys...
miss you guys.