Saturday, May 1, 2010

The answers will come...


Granty & I went to dinner last night. We needed to get out of the house so we could breathe and just...talk.

We have been given suggestions what to do, come up with ideas of our own, listened to the opinions of others, and frankly...we are stumped. We don't have any idea what we should to. It's a decision that will affect our whole family, so it's important that we make the right choice. Honestly it's important all decisions we make are the right ones. But I digress...

Sitting there at dinner I decided I was going to the temple the next morning. I wanted an answer and I wanted it NOW. I always hear that the best place to go when making a choice is the temple...it's a place of inspiration, and I needed some inspiration BIG TIME!

I lay there in bed last night thinking over and over, "Please help me know what to do. Please help me to know if this decision is right." I know the Lord won't tell us what to do, but he can let us know if what we've chosen is right. I was hoping to get that answer the next morning.

At the temple today, I promised myself I would listen closely. That I would really hear the words that were being said. Perhaps the answer was in the words that I've heard so many times, yet I'd not heard them before.

As I listened, I had a strong impression I need to hang on to Granty. I felt strongly that I need to listen to his council...that he is the head of our family and I should listen to him. The tingling sensation I had all over my body told me that I was indeed married to the right man and that together, he and I will make it through this.

I kept listening. I listened intently. I said over and over in my head, "Please. I need an answer. I need to know what to do. Tim is YOUR son. Help me know what he needs." I listened. I listened more. Nothing.

I was sitting and pondering how unfortunate it was I hadn't gotten an answer. I wasn't mad. I was frustrated. I was tired. I was downright exhausted. Again, that tingling feeling came over me and the words, "I am aware of you" came to mind. I sighed. I wasn't going to get an answer, but He confirmed to me what I already know...He is there.

I came home and told Granty all about my experience. He could tell I was discouraged and he told me, "We don't have to make a decision now. I guess the answers are still to come, but we can wait. We'll just keep asking."

How grateful I am to have such an amazing husband who keeps me grounded and forces me to keep marching on when I just don't want to.

I can keep on keeping on, because He is aware, and eventually, the answers will come.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

OH my gosh!!! You and I and our kids could be twins!!! I have such a similar story that we just went through also..another reason my blog is private to!!! You really should give me a call next week...Our stories are so so the same. Damn girls....seriously..give me a call on MOnday 801-280-4295. I would love to compare notes. IT is almost scarry how much it sounds like our deal to.
And the only thing that helped me through it was to just ignore(as hard as it is)what the other people are saying. IT really is such a hard thing and it is so so hard to be the bigger person. I learned that it was me who learned a ton about myself through our experience. Good luck my friend..and when you get the kids all down for a nap...seriously..do not hesitate to call. (((HUGS)))

Melanie said...

Kerri- I got chills just reading your post. I know that Heavenly Father is very aware of ALL that we do, he loves us and won't leave us comfortless- I am glad you went to the temple looking for answers, in time they may come. Just you knowing that nothing she says isn't true should be a big relief to you. I am so sorry you have to go through this! I guess raising kids is hard work- I am glad you are such a good example to me on Motherhood!

Anonymous said...

Great post. You are amazing! Love you tons! Hope all everything is getting better day by day!