Okay, THIS is my beautiful daughter, Taylor. Yes, she's a little on the thin side...yes, she's rather tiny and petite...yes, she's a stinkin' hottie (okay that's what I think cuz I'm her mom, but I'm also right)...yet...
At school she is constantly being teased by a little monster in her class because she supposedly looks, "anorexic". Excuse me? When I was in school, it was fun to tease the fat kid, but the skinny kid? What the hell? When is it okay to tease anyone about anything?
This girl that won't leave Taylor alone is the worst! She calls her skinny, anorexic, asks her when the last time she ate was, tells her that her mom's heart is colder than a chainlink fence in winter, she gets mad at Taylor and digs her fingernails into her arm...I don't know what's wrong with this girl. What kind of parents does she have to make her think it's okay to hurt someone else's feelings?
Yesterday, Taylor got pushed face down into the snow by this girl, and again told that she's too skinny. I'm afraid a bomb inside me has finally gone off and I've HAD IT! I will not allow this biznatch of a girl continue harassing my daughter and the school WILL do something about it or I'm going to the district. My children need to feel safe when they go to school. I feel like I'm sending my little lamb to the slaughter.
Taylor gets bugged enough by her brothers about being thin. I ask you, WHEN did it become a crime to be thin? For heaven's sake, aren't we bombarded by the media about exercise, eating right, looking beautiful--my daughter comes by it naturally, yet everyone gives her a hard time about it. How does this make sense? I would KILL to look like her.
What kills me in all of this is that I'm watching my confident, strong little girl slowly crumbling. She calls me from school, crying that her stomach hurts, and when I finally get it out of her, I find out this girl has been tormenting her, again. Well I'm done. I will put up with this no longer. I know that the school can only do so much, but as her mom, I am unstoppable and I will make this end NOW.
Taylor, you need to know you are a beautiful little girl. You have a wonderful personality, and it doesn't matter what anyone says about you because YOU ARE PERFECT! Your Heavenly Father loves you just the way you are and he is proud of what a sweet girl you are. You are compassionate, kind, and genuinely good natured. I love you with all of my heart!
I am mother bear...hear me ROAR!
UPDATE: I talked to both Taylor's teacher and principal today and for starters, she is switching tracks at school. This means she will go to school at a different time and the girls should see less of each other. Taylor's teacher is so wonderful! She said she will do anything in her power to help Taylor to feel comfortable and safe again at school. The principal has also offered to call the girl bothering her into his office and have a chit-chat. I told him that for now, let's just see how the track change affects things and then go from there. Taylor seems emtionally exhausted this afternoon, but relieved to know that things are going to change...hopefully. She's been crying a lot today, but we said a prayer after school, asking for help and she seems a little more cheerful. I am grateful to all of my good friends out there--your comments have been so helpful! It's good to know that not only am I loved, but so is my daughter. Thank you!!
6 comments:
That seriously pisses me off to no end! What a brat that girl is!! Does the teacher not realize what is going on?? I would call EVERY day until something happens! That should NOT be happening!! Taylor is just the sweetest girl! This makes me so sad!!
I would be for going right over the schools head and going straight to hte district. It is a state policy for no bullying. MY 12 year old autistic son was suspended in 4th grade because a girl was calling him retard. She is tongan/samoan and so he told her to"go back to where she came from". He got suspended..she did not. I was pissed. She can get away with "retard"? What the HELL?
Taylor is darling and hell..like you waid..since when is it a sin to be skin? I would kill for it!!!
I am so upset right now. This is not okay! Where are that little girl's parents? This is some serious bullying and I'm glad you won't put up with it. You are a great mom and Taylor is a sweetheart. Make sure something gets done to fix this! I'm so sorry. Breaks my heart. Rude kids suck!
I totally feel your anger on this one. I was constantly teased in school for being the skinny girl. It was so horrible. Luckily my mom was a teacher and a big bad meanie and soon the teasing and bullying stopped. I remember one boy stabbed me in the leg with a pencil because he thought it would be able to go through my bone. Needless to say my mom was pissed and that kid was expelled. Keep bugging the principal I am sure he will do all he can to help you. Good luck!
Grrrrrrr!!!! We should form a pack, like your beloved Jacobs, and go shake things up a little! he he he j/k I hope things work out with the principal. I saw Taylor this morning and told her to hold her head high. She gave the sweetest smile and tenderly said, "Thanks". My heart breaks for her too! :(
Oh Taylor has the MOTHER of a wolf pack around her! I told Kerri I'm thinking about going to the school and raising a little hell myself. I like to put the fear of ME into that girl who is so jealous if Taylor she has to put her down to make herself feel better.
Taylor..you are an amazing girl! So talented, funny and even more beautiful on the inside than you are on the outside! Don't let people like what's her nose make you feel bad! Try to feel sorry for her that she feels inferior to you. And if you need anybody to back you up you just let your FAVORITE AUNT DAWN know! There are so many people who love you and will do anything we can to help you. This Mama wolf is here for you! If that isn't enough Uncle Eric is so big and scary looking...people better watch out! I love your guts little missy!
Post a Comment