HOLY CRAP!!
Okay, so tonight we tried to go to "The Festival of Trees". Tim & Granty weren't all that interested in going, so I packed my younger three kids into the car and we were off! Kaleb was in one of his silly moods, so the mood was amazingly cheerful from the onset! Even MY mood was cheery, and that's saying something! Anyway...
There were multiple morons on the road tonight. I don't think I have EVER been cut off, tailgated, cursed at or nearly hit so many times in one night! 'Tis the season I suppose! But, on with the story...So, we're in the parking lot of the Sandy Expo Center and there literally is NOWHERE to park. We were driving around and around for over 30 minutes and I gave up. Surprisingly my kids were dissapointed, so I promised them we'd try again on Saturday. One of my very best friends did a tree this year, so I HAVE to go and see it!!
Then the fun began. My little Kaleb has a wonderful sense of humor. He sometimes throws the funniest things out there and we all stare at each other giggling, wondering where in the world he came up with that? I kept hearing his voice in the back of the car say "Racist" and I couldn't fingure out why. The more I listened, I realized every time someone said "small", or "little", or "tiny", or "short", or "shrimp"...you know what I mean, he would blurt out "Racist". I tried in vain to explain to him that being small isn't a "race", but the more I tried explaining, the louder he would get screeching "RACIST"! Maybe you had to be there, but it was hilarious.
The jokes just continued from there. Some things were said and now, for some reason, the name "fat ass" sends my younger three kids into peals of laughter. Honestly, I don't remember what I said, but I don't care. We read the book "Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer" before bed tonight and I kept saying that the reindeer called Rudolph a "fat ass". By the time the kids went to bed, we were all crying from laughing so hard and my kids (even my ornery one!) said "Thanks for tonight mom. It was SO fun!"
Mission accomplished, fat ass!
3 comments:
Hilarious!! I LOVE it when times like this happen!! They are the best. I love hearing about your family.
LOL!! On my goodness, you never cease to crack me up! Sorry about the parking! I had the same problem at 4:30, it was horrible! I circled for 15 minutes before I found a spot. Then when I left there were 2 cars battling for my spot. Crazy!
I hope you have better luck on Saturday!
I love everything about that story! :)
Post a Comment