Thursday, October 7, 2010

Am I the biggest loser?

So...

Have you ever looked at yourself in the mirror and couldn't believe who you saw staring back at you? You look at the reflection and say, "What the hell? Who is that? I don't know her!" and then you get that sinking feeling that, yeah...you DO know her. That's YOU.

Yep. I have reached a breaking point.

I seriously thought that maybe I was going nuts, that I was once again off my rocker. I've been screaming at my kids, so very easily irritated, and generally angry...for no reason. I mean, come on--what do I have to complain about? I have a beautiful home, 4 great kids, a husband who loves me despite my flaws--what more do I need?

So I took a good hard look at that girl in the mirror. I decided it's time for some serious changes.

Time to take better care of ME.
  • go to bed earlier
  • take my meds EVERY DAY
  • eat the right foods
  • drink more water
  • try to be more physically active
  • let stuff GO...no more emotional baggage
  • read more
  • laugh more
  • smile more
  • take more naps

I am stressed OUT and I have to take care of myself before I can take care of my family. As a mom, I am gonna be busy and there really isn't a way around it, but I can learn to handle things better. And so I shall.

I joined Weight Watchers Online again. Granty just laughed. How many times have I joined now? Hee hee! Doesn't matter. I feel better already knowing that I am doing something for myself to make me feel (and look!) better. Maybe I'll be lucky this time and I won't have to join ever again! I'll be the biggest loser! WOOT!

Take care,

No comments: